CAD-200, Rev. A; Firmware Rev. A
Cowlacious Audio Device, Model 200
We are very excited about our new line of audio boards! We have been working hard to produce an item that would work well for our customers and ourselves of course! Were haunters, so we build devices that we will enjoy using on our props!
Our new audio board allows triggered or continuous playback of WAV and MP3 audio files.
It can be triggered by a switch (not included), motion sensor (not included) , or any DC voltage from 3.3V up to 24V.
When triggered it can play back a single track, the next track, or a random track. You can also have a track which plays continuously and then when the unit is triggered it will pause the playback of that track, jump to a specific track and play it, and then return to the previous track and continue playing it.
In continuous mode it can play the same track over and over, loop through all the tracks, or playback the tracks in random order.
It has a built in 3 Watt mono amplifier that can connect directly to a speaker and a stereo line-out jack for sending the sound to an external amplifier or amplified speakers (the type you connect to your computer).
In addition, we have included a SPDT relay (electronically controlled switches that can turn one thing off while it turns another one on) on the board so you can switch other things on or off when your triggered sound plays!
Brief Technical Specifications
- Power Requirements: 9-12VDC
- Supports FAT16 and FAT32 file system on the uSD card (not included).
- WAV and MP3 Decoding
- Supports 11172-3 and ISO13813-3 layer3 audio decoding.
- Sampling rates (KHz): 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48.
- 24-bit DAC output and supports dynamic range 90dB and SNR 85dB.
- Supports maximum 32GB micro SD (uSD) card.
- Supports 3000 audio files under the root directory of the storage device.
- Built in 3W mono amplifier that can directly drive a speaker.
- PCB is designed to fit a Hammond 1591XXASFLBK case.
Please download the manual for full specification.